Help:Creating a new article
From Stanford CSD History
There are many ways to create a new article. This page shows some of them.
Starting from your user page
- Use the link at the top of the page to go to your user page.
- Edit the page (select the "edit" link at the top).
- After the part of that page that describes you and your relationship to CSDSU, add a section called something like "My Topics". (Sections are indicated by enclosing the section title in "==" before and after the title.)
- In that section, use the "Ab" button to create a link, and then enter the title for the page you want to create, replacing "Link title".
- Save your user page.
- You should now see a red link with the title of the page you want to create.
- Click on the red link and you should be in edit mode on the new page.
- Create your content and click the "Save page" button.
- You might be taken to a Preview screen. If there is a warning that your page has not been saved, click the "Save page" button again.
See Starting a new page on the MediaWiki site for more ways to create new pages.
Page created --Dbrown 17:04, 3 April 2006 (PDT)