From Stanford CSD History
Welcome to the Stanford Computer Forum Wiki
This site is a repository of historical information about Stanford's Computer Science Department and Computer Systems Laboratory. For more about the site itself, see ComputerForum:About.
Some of the history has already been added to this site:
- Timeline - originally compiled by Nils Nilsson with extensive help from faculty and staff
Some of the history will be here someday (Pseudo-links in red like this indicate pages that should be created):
- Faculty books - A list of textbooks written or co-written by the faculty
- Faculty honors - A list of honors and awards for the faculty
Some of the history is now on other sites:
- “From the Valley of Heart's Delight to the Silicon Valley: A Study of Stanford University's Role in the Transformation” by Carolyn Tajnai.
- "Fred Terman, The Father of Silicon Valley" by Carolyn Tajnai.
- The Links Between Stanford University and Industry by Carolyn Tajnai.
- Information on early computers at Stanford (compiled by Gio Wiederhold)
- Computer History Exhibits (web page compiled by Gio Wiederhold)
- Wellspring of Innovation A searchable compilation of companies founded by people affiliated with Stanford. According to this website, “In the last several decades, over 1,200 full-time companies were founded by members of the Stanford University community.” Just a few of these are listed in the timeline.
--Dbrown 14:07, 23 March 2006 (PST)